Hey guys, I've been thinking about a few things, and thought of a great idea... Why not host a contest? And instead of offering my shitty art this time, I can offer out cash prizes, since I've got a little pool over here.
So this contest here is basically a 2-in-1. There's going to be two categories, a writing one and a drawing one. Here's the basics.
Overall Topic: Veperine and Darius A little information on Veperine:
(League of Legends)
Veperine my Summoner Original Character for League of Legends. Summoners are basically people who abide by magics and rules to bring forth combatants known as Champions to face off on the Fields of Justice. She serves her country, Ionia, in political matches for the League, but on her free time, she has fun enjoying the violent Noxians. She uses a double-edged spear for a weapon, and also uses red, lightning-like magic (can be seen in her reference down below). For more information on her back story, click here: [link]
Personality/Likes/Dislikes - Indifferent, independent, seclusive, reserved, calm, observant, challenging, likes to show off her red-lightning abilities, dislikes being taken advantage of, when angered she threatens with her abilities, likes to be accepted for who she is and what she likes to do, does not like being told what to do (here are some examples of her in my written works: [link] [link]
Veperine's general demeanor towards Darius: Veperine admires his strength and focus to bring glory to his country, and she takes interest in his way of doing things. She has a mutual respect with the Noxians, considering her power is astounding (and her overall thoughts for being an Ionian is different considering her history). She has grown an attachment to Darius, and sometimes makes it very, very obvious, but most of the time she is too focused on the fact that he kills just to kill, and that one day, when he finally brings himself to a battle he cannot win, he will die with the thought that the weak deserve to die. She tries to talk to him about his devaluation of life's true meaning. Other than her sympathy towards Darius, she is looked upon as a cold, careless person by her family, elders, and fellow villagers in Ionia.A little information on Darius:
Darius is a very hefty, brute-strength kind of warrior. He resides in Noxus, where "the survival of the fittest" takes place every day. He seems to be one of those people with the idea of "it's my way or the highway" but ... not exactly a highway. He'd kill you instead with his oversized pole-axe. He's a black knight figure, killing everything in sight that he doesn't exactly like, or if you say something he doesn't want to hear, he'd probably cleave your head off. Yeah, he's one of those
guys. Official LoL information on Darius can be found here: [link] [link]Picture References~~Darius
Model viewer -->[link]
<-- Model viewer
- Drawings must pertain to Darius and Veperine in some sort of way (the way you portray their acquaintanceship is completely up to you)
- Blood, gore, and mature content is allowed.
- You can draw whatever your mind can think of, as long as it relates to Darius and Veperine.
- There is no specific style. If you want to draw chibis, then go ahead. It's all up toy you, essentially.
Things to take into consideration when drawing:
- The drawing category will be judged by me and two of my friends (I will link them here later)
- Skill will be judged, but not harshly
. In example, we will look for more things than simple skill in art.
- Originality will be taken into consideration
- Remember to keep it as close to Veperine and Darius if you can. If you have a question about an idea, feel free to ask me about it.
- Writings must be related to Darius and Veperine. The way you portray their acquaintanceship is completely up to you.
- Blood, gore, and mature content is allowed.
- There is no specific theme. You can write about whatever you want between the two (in example, it can be a picnic, a battle, a random forest scene, a match in Summoner's rift, etc) It's all up to you.
- There is no limit in length, but it must be at least 300 words.
- It is highly recommended that you have basic League of Legends background knowledge to join this category, for the sole purpose that if you don't know anything pertaining to it, then you will have a very hard time writing about it.
- Must be in 3rd person.
Things to take into consideration when writing:
- Skill will be judged in this category, so only join this if you feel confident enough. If not, you can always challenge yourself to see how good your writing actually is.
- Fluency (Even in short stories, fluency is needed)
- Quality over quantity. Drawing the story out might make it redundant!
- Make sure to have a structured plot
- Remember to follow proper character development (if you are unsure whether or not Veperine would do this or that, don't be afraid to ask me)
1st place - $25.00 or 2000
2nd place - $10.00 or 800
3rd place - $5.00 or 400
1st place - $15.00 or 1200
2nd place - $ 5.00 or 400
Note: All cash prizes will be given through PAYPAL. In order to be illegible to receive the cash prizes, you must be sure that you have a paypal that is able to receive money. If you cannot receive the money through paypal, you may request the money through points instead. There are no other exceptions. If you have questions, please ask me.I have gotten rid of the writing aspect due to lack of participants
Contest deadline: February 13, 2013 11:59 PM EST (GMT -5.00) ... Winners will be announced the following day, February 14th - Valentine's Day
I am sad that there weren't as many entries as I hoped, but the entries were great!!! However, due to the lack of entries, there will only be two winners, instead of three as I had said before. I apologize for the inconvenience.
First place I have decided goes to:
Second place goes to
Thank you all for participating!